Garlic Herb Butter Steak & Lobster Tails
with Lemony Broccoli & Chive Crème Fraîche Mashed Potatoes
No need to make a reservation at a fancy French bistro—bring the white tablecloth vibes to your dinner table with this surf ‘n’ turf dish. Lobster tails are basted with a rich, aromatic garlic herb butter, which is also used to top perfectly seared steaks. The duo is paired with lemony roasted broccoli, plus an epic twist on your traditional mashed potatoes. Our secret? We blend in butter, chives, and a generous dollop of crème fraîche for ultimate silky goodness. Bon appétit!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Bold & Savory Steak Spice
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Garlic Herb Butter
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Mince chives; reserve 1 tsp (2 tsp for 4 servings) for step 5 (you’ll use remaining in the next step). Zest and halve lemon; slice half into ¼-inchthick rounds. • Using kitchen shears, cut along underside of each lobster* shell, leaving meat intact and stopping at tail; pull sides of shell apart to expose meat (do not remove meat from shell).
• Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Place in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes to pot. Mash with crème fraîche and 1 TBSP plain butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until smooth and creamy, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. • Stir in remaining chives and season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
• While potatoes cook, cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces if necessary. Toss broccoli and lemon rounds on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until broccoli is golden brown and crispy, 15-20 minutes. Carefully toss with half the lemon zest. • Meanwhile, place garlic herb butter in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave until just softened, 5-10 seconds.
• Pat steak* dry with paper towels; season all over with half the Steak Spice (all for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook to desired doneness, 5-7 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer steak to a cutting board and cover loosely with foil. Wipe out pan.
• Heat same pan over medium-high heat. Add lobster tails cut sides up with a splash of water. Cover pan and cook until lobster is slightly opaque and almost cooked through, 3 minutes. • Uncover pan and add half the softened garlic herb butter (save the rest for serving); spoon melted butter over lobster until meat is opaque and cooked through, 1 minute more. • Stir in reserved chives and remaining lemon zest; season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat; transfer lobster tails to cutting board.
• Thinly slice steak against the grain. Using a chef’s knife, halve lobster tails lengthwise. TIP: If you don’t have a chef’s knife, use a large, sharp knife. • Divide steak, lobster, potatoes, broccoli, and lemon rounds between plates. Dollop steak with remaining softened garlic herb butter. Spoon any melted garlic herb butter from pan over lobster. Cut remaining lemon into wedges; serve on the side.