Na na na na na nana / Na na na na nana / Gettin’ figgy with it. Fig jam, that is! Here, we’ve paired it with balsamic vinegar and rich chicken stock to bring you a pan sauce that’ll get your taste buds grooving. It’s equal parts sweet, tangy, and savory—in other words, the perfect topping for pan-seared chicken breasts. On the side, there’s creamy mashed potatoes and crisp roasted Brussels sprouts, making this a square meal that totally rocks out.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Dice potatoes into 1-inch pieces (no need to peel). Trim and halve Brussels sprouts lengthwise.
• Toss Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Cover and bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium. Cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes to pot. Keep covered off heat.
• While potatoes cook, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned and cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side. Turn off heat; transfer chicken to a plate. • Meanwhile, mash potatoes until smooth. Stir in sour cream, 2 TBSP butter, and a pinch of salt and pepper. If needed, stir in reserved potato cooking liquid a splash at a time until creamy. Cover to keep warm. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 3 TBSP butter.
• Heat pan used for chicken over medium heat. Add vinegar, jam, stock concentrate, and ¼ cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Turn off heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1/3 cup water. Stir in 2 TBSP butter.
• Divide mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and chicken between plates. Drizzle chicken with sauce and serve.