Hibachi-Style Mushroom Stir-Fry
with Fried Rice & Yum Yum Sauce
Who’s a fun guy? Anyone who serves this fungi (and zucchini and amaze-o-sauce) stir-fry! For real though, this stir-fry is so flavorful, it needs no meat. Browned and buttered zucchini and shrooms are heaped over fluffy fried rice with peas, scallions, and a savory garlic oil, then the whole bowl is generously drizzled with a sauce we can’t help calling Yum Yum: our sesame dressing + soy sauce + mayo + Sriracha + lemon = OMG.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Sesame, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Bring rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt to boil in a small pot. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer; cover and cook until tender, 15-18 minutes. (Keep covered off heat until ready to use in Step 5.) • Quarter lemon. Trim and quarter mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Peel and mince garlic. Roughly chop carrots. Thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• In a small bowl, combine dressing, mayonnaise, Sriracha, 2 tsp water, 1 tsp pho stock concentrates, 1 tsp sugar, and juice from one lemon wedge. (For 4 servings, use 4 tsp water, 2 tsp pho stock concentrates, 2 tsp sugar, and juice from two wedges.) • Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, 6-8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and stir in remaining pho stock concentrates and 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened and veggies are coated, 3-5 minutes. Turn off heat. Squeeze over juice from one lemon wedge (juice from two wedges for 4). • Transfer to a plate; tent with foil to keep warm. Wash out pan.
• In a second small microwave-safe bowl, combine garlic, 1 TBSP olive oil, and ¼ tsp salt (2 TBSP olive oil and ½ tsp salt for 4 servings). Cover bowl with plastic wrap and microwave until garlic is fragrant, 30-35 seconds. • Stir garlic oil and keep covered (you’ll use it in the next step).
• Fluff rice with a fork. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for veggies over medium-high heat. Add carrots, scallion whites, and peas; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and softened, 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic oil and rice; cook, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly combined, 4-6 minutes more. • Season fried rice with salt and pepper to taste.
• Divide fried rice between plates. Top with stir-fry and drizzle with as much yum yum sauce as you like. Garnish with scallion greens. Serve with any remaining sauce and any remaining lemon wedges on the side.