Homestyle Turkey & Biscuit Pot Pie
with Pillsbury™ Southern Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits, Carrots, Celery & Fresh Thyme
We jump at every chance to dig into a pot pie. The only problem: Who has time to make a homemade crust on a weeknight? Enter: biscuit crust, a rich, flaky, time-saving dinner hack. We layer the dough over a creamy filling of ground turkey, fresh thyme, and sautéed veggies, then swipe with melted butter and sprinkle with more thyme. It’s baked until the filling is steamy and the crust is perfectly golden-brown for a comforting dinner that’s easy as—what else?—pie!
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Pillsbury™ Buttermilk Southern Homestyle Biscuits
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Strip half the thyme leaves from stems (all the leaves for 4 servings); mince leaves. Trim, peel, and finely dice carrots. Finely dice celery. Halve, peel, and dice half the onion (whole onion for 4). Peel and mince garlic.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium, preferably ovenproof, pan over medium heat. (For 4 servings, use a large, preferably ovenproof, pan.) Add turkey*; season with a big pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned, 3-5 minutes (it’ll finish cooking in Step 5). • Transfer to a plate.
• Reserve ½ tsp minced thyme (you’ll use it in Step 5). (For 4 servings, reserve 1 tsp minced thyme.) • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for turkey over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery, and diced onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until veggies are softened, 5-7 minutes. TIP: Lower heat if veggies begin to brown too quickly. • Add garlic and remaining minced thyme; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
• Add 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) to pan with veggies. Once melted, stir in flour; cook for 1 minute. • Pour in 1¼ cups water (1¾ cups for 4), stock concentrates, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, 3-5 minutes. Turn off heat. • Stir in cream cheese until melted, then stir in turkey. Season with salt and pepper. TIP: If filling is too thick, stir in another splash of water. If your pan isn’t ovenproof, transfer filling to an 8-by-8-inch baking dish (13-by-9-inch for 4) after stirring in turkey.
• Place 1 TBSP butter in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave until melted, 30 seconds. • Remove Pillsbury™ Southern Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits from package; peel apart each biscuit at the center to create two thinner ones. TIP: For a crispier topping, cut the biscuits into quarters instead of peeling them apart. • Evenly top turkey filling with biscuits, then brush with melted butter and sprinkle with reserved minced thyme. • Bake on top rack until biscuits are golden brown and turkey is cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
• Let pot pie cool at least 5 minutes before serving. Divide between shallow bowls or plates and serve.
Ground Turkey is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165º.