Hot Honey Glazed Garlic Chicken
with Couscous & Zucchini
If you saw this one and thought, “Oh no, chicken again?” then you thought wrong! This version, courtesy of the geniuses in our test kitchen, is a game changer. You’ll dredge chicken in cornstarch to guarantee an extra-crispy and beautifully browned finish. Add scallion, garlic, hot honey, and butter to the pan to create a glossy sweet-hot glaze to coat that crispy bird. You’ll serve it on a bed of springy couscous alongside tender sautéed zucchini with a sprinkle of zippy scallions and chili flakes to bring it all home. Oh, and did we mention: on the table in a hot 20 minutes?
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Chopped Chicken Breast
Not included in your delivery
• In a small pot, combine couscous, stock concentrates, and ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings). Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until couscous is tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain any excess water if necessary. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While couscous cooks, wash and dry produce. • Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and mince or grate garlic.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until browned and tender, 4-7 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Wipe out pan.
• While zucchini cooks, open package of chicken* and drain off any excess liquid. • Place chicken in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add cornstarch and toss until chicken is fully coated. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for zucchini over medium-high heat. Add coated chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes.
• Reduce heat under pan with chicken to medium. Add another drizzle of oil, scallion whites, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Add hot honey and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings); cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is glossy and chicken is thoroughly coated.
• Fluff couscous with a fork; taste and season with salt and pepper if desired. • Divide couscous between shallow bowls. Top with chicken and zucchini in separate sections. Garnish with scallion greens and as many chili flakes as you like. Serve.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.