Hot to Trot Tortelloni Marinara
with Peas & Herby Ricotta
Tender tortelloni stuffed with lots of cheese are great in any form, but add garlicky Tuscan-style marinara sauce, sweet peas, a drizzle of olive oil, and a dollop of herby ricotta on top, and you’ve got yourself an easy, massively tasty pasta lunch to remember. Did we mention that this recipe takes a quick 15 minutes to make? Be still, our pasta-loving hearts…
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
Tuscan Heat Spice
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. Meanwhile, peel and mince or grate garlic.
• Once water is boiling, add tortelloni and cook until tender and floating to the top, 3-4 minutes. Reserve ¼ cup pasta cooking water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings); drain and reserve pot.
• In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, half the Italian Seasoning (all for 4 servings), 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4), and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. TIP: For an extra kick, add a pinch of chili flakes from your pantry if desired.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pot used for tortelloni over medium-high heat. Add garlic and half the Tuscan Heat Spice (all for 4 servings); cook until fragrant, 30-60 seconds.
• Stir in marinara, reserved pasta cooking water, and ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4 servings); cook until slightly reduced, 2-3 minutes. Add drained tortelloni and peas; cook, stirring, until thoroughly combined, 1-2 minutes more.
• Divide tortelloni between shallow bowls. Top each with a dollop of herby ricotta and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve.