Island Breeze Pork Chops
with Cumin-Roasted Carrots, Mango Salsa & Scallion Rice
Beach walks, moonlight swims, umbrellas in your drinks, warm sweet breezes: That’s where we’re going with this weeknight winner. Perfectly seared spiced pork chops are mounded with a juicy, tropical salsa made of mango, lime, scallion, and chiles. On the side: cumin-roasted carrots and buttery scallion-lime jasmine rice. It all comes together in about 30 minutes, leaving plenty of time to shake up a cocktail and start dreaming of your next getaway.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Southwest Spice Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens; mince whites. Pick half the cilantro leaves (all for 4 servings) from stems; roughly chop leaves. Zest and quarter lime.
• Toss carrots on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, half the cumin (all for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot (medium pot for 4 servings) over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4), and a pinch of salt; bring to a boil. • Once boiling, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, drain mango, discarding juice; roughly chop. • In a medium bowl, combine mango, scallion whites, chopped cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice (two squeezes for 4 servings), a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of chili flakes, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
• Pat pork* dry with paper towels and season all over with Southwest Spice Blend, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest at least 3 minutes.
• Fluff rice with a fork. Stir in scallion greens, 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings), a squeeze of lime juice, and lime zest to taste. Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Thinly slice pork crosswise. Divide rice, pork, and carrots between plates. Squeeze over remaining lime juice to taste. Top pork with salsa and serve.
Pork is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.