What’s not to love about the classic hoagie (or sub, or grinder, or wedge) filled with tender meat, melty cheese, and lightly charred veggies? This version boasts herby, Italian-seasoned chicken, sautéed pepper and onion, gooey mozzarella, and a creamy garlic sauce. It’s all stuffed inside garlic butter baguettes and served with golden potato wedges for a dinner that’ll have you head over heels at first bite.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Long Green Pepper
Chicken Breast Strips
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Demi Baguette(ContainsWheat, Soy)
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Halve, core, and thinly slice green pepper into strips.
• Toss potatoes on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until golden brown and crispy, 20-25 minutes. • Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and half the garlic powder (you’ll use the rest later). Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and green pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate.
• While veggies cook, in a second small microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining garlic powder and 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings); microwave until just softened, 10-15 seconds. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper; set aside. • Slice baguettes lengthwise, stopping before you get all the way through; spread garlic butter onto cut sides. Place, cut sides up, on a second baking sheet. • Toast on middle rack until golden, 2-3 minutes.
• While garlic buns toast, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season generously with salt and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in pan used for veggies over medium-high heat. Add chicken in a single layer; season with Italian Seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in stock concentrate and 2 TBSP water (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper. • Return cooked veggies to pan; stir to combine. Turn off heat.
• Spread bottom halves of toasted garlic buns with half the garlic sauce. Top with chicken and veggie mixture, then sprinkle with mozzarella. Return to middle rack until cheese melts, 2-3 minutes. • Divide sandos and potato wedges between plates. Serve with remaining garlic sauce on the side.