Maple Mustard Chicken Legs
with Mashed Potatoes & Nutty Green Beans
When it comes to chicken, we’re always looking for two things: golden, crackly skin and juicy, flavorful meat. You too? Well, you’re in (c)luck! These roasted chicken legs are all that and then some, the “some” being a dynamic maple mustard sauce that really takes ’em above and beyond. On the side, there’s sour cream mashed potatoes and roasted green beans topped with toasty pecans. Get a LEG up on dinnertime!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with Fry Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and rub to evenly coat with seasoning. Place skin sides up on one side of a baking sheet. (For 4, spread chicken out across entire sheet.) TIP: For easy cleanup, line baking sheet with foil first. • Roast on top rack for 20 minutes (you’ll add more to the sheet then).
• Meanwhile, dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. • Place in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. Turn off heat. Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes to pot. • Mash with sour cream and 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) until smooth, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. Season generously with salt and pepper. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While potatoes cook, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine maple syrup and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. • Microwave until slightly thickened, 30 seconds. Set aside.
• Once chicken has roasted 20 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven. • Carefully add green beans to empty side. Using tongs, toss with a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. (For 4 servings, leave chicken roasting and add green beans to a second sheet; roast on middle rack.) • Return to top rack until chicken is cooked through and green beans are tender and slightly crisp, 10 minutes more.
• Meanwhile, roughly chop pecans. • Once green beans and chicken are done, remove baking sheet from oven. Transfer chicken to a plate, then sprinkle pecans over green beans. • Return sheet to oven until nuts are toasted, 1-2 minutes.
• Divide chicken, potatoes, and nutty green beans between plates. Spoon maple mustard sauce over chicken and serve. TIP: If necessary, microwave sauce for 5-10 seconds before spooning over chicken.