It’s commonly agreed upon that no one makes meatloaf quite like Mom. But our chefs will settle for the next best thing by taking a page from her cookbook and passing on this recipe. The meal stays as true to tradition as can be: Ground beef mini loaves are brushed with a ketchup glaze, served with roasted broccoli and potatoes, and drizzled with an herby gravy. And if you’d like to claim this recipe as your own, don’t worry—mum’s the word.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Beef Stock Concentrate
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Peel and mince garlic. Halve, peel, and mince half the onion (whole onion for 4 servings). Roughly chop parsley. Cut broccoli florets into bitesize pieces if necessary.
• Toss potatoes on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beef*, garlic, panko, half the minced onion, half the parsley, salt (we used ¾ tsp; 1½ tsp for 4 servings), and pepper. Gently combine, then form into two 1-inch-tall loaves (four loaves for 4). Place on one side of a second baking sheet. • Brush tops of meatloaves with half the ketchup (all for 4).
• Toss broccoli on opposite side of sheet from meatloaves with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on middle rack until broccoli is tender and meatloaves are cooked through, 15-20 minutes. TIP: If broccoli finishes first, remove from sheet and continue roasting meatloaves.
• Meanwhile, melt ½ TBSP butter (1 TBSP for 4 servings) in a medium pan over medium heat. Add remaining minced onion; cook, stirring, until softened, 3-4 minutes. • Sprinkle with flour; stir vigorously to combine. Whisk in stock concentrate and ½ cup water (1 cup for 4). Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened and saucy, 3-4 minutes. • Stir in remaining parsley; season with salt and pepper.
• Slice meatloaves crosswise. • Divide meatloaves, potato wedges, and broccoli between plates. Spoon gravy over meatloaves and serve.