This is no snack-size sandwich, friends—for these fully-stacked melts, our chefs have pulled out all the stops. It all starts with the bread: Here, that’s baguettes slathered with a homemade garlic butter and toasted until golden. For the filling, browned chicken sausage is mixed with mozzarella until the cheese is gooey and melted. Slices of griddled tomato provide juicy sweetness, while a creamy lemon herb sauce adds bright, refreshing notes. The plate’s rounded out with a side of crispy, garlicky potato wedges for a meal you’ll find yourself craving again and again as soon as the last bite’s gone.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Green Herb Blend
Demi Baguette(ContainsWheat, Soy)
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Pick parsley leaves from stems; finely chop leaves. Thinly slice chives. Zest and quarter lemon. Slice tomato into ½-inch-thick rounds. Halve baguettes lengthwise.
• Toss potatoes on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, half the garlic powder (you’ll use the rest in the next step), salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and crispy, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, place 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave until just softened, 10-15 seconds. Stir in remaining garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. • Spread garlic butter onto cut sides of baguettes. • When potatoes have 3-4 minutes left, remove sheet from oven; carefully push potatoes to one side of sheet. Place baguettes cut sides up on empty side. Return to oven until bread is lightly golden.
• In a second small bowl, combine sour cream, chopped parsley, chives, half the lemon zest, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Taste and season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice and zest if desired.
• Season tomato rounds all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add tomato rounds and cook until lightly browned and slightly softened, 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. • Add another drizzle of oil to pan. Add sausage* and cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in mozzarella until just melted, 1 minute. Turn off heat.
• Spread creamy lemon herb sauce onto top halves of baguettes. Evenly divide cheesy sausage between bottom halves of baguettes, then top with griddled tomato. Add top halves of baguettes to create melts; press down slightly. Divide between plates and serve with potato wedges on the side.