One-Pan Pineapple Salsa Chicken Tacos
with Cilantro & Sour Cream
The week just isn’t complete without a taco night. If you agree (and how could you not?), you’re in luck! Our chefs put together a sweet and savory version that’s sure to satisfy. There’s richly-spiced chicken breast strips marinated in pineapple juice, plus charred pepper and onion, a pineapple salsa, and cooling sour cream, all piled into steamy-soft tortillas. Taco’bout a killer meal.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Southwest Spice Blend
Chicken Breast Strips
Long Green Pepper
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• In a large bowl, combine Tex-Mex paste with Southwest Spice. Slightly open top of pineapple cup and pour juice into same bowl, leaving pineapple behind. • Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Add chicken and a big pinch of salt to bowl; toss to combine. Set aside to marinate until step 5.
• Wash and dry produce. • Roughly chop pineapple. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; mince a few slices until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Roughly chop cilantro. Quarter lime. Halve, core, and thinly slice green pepper into strips.
• In a small bowl, combine pineapple, minced onion, half the cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and sliced onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and slightly softened, 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium.
• Add chicken and marinade to pan with veggies. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and marinade has reduced, 5-7 minutes. TIP: If your marinade begins to burn before chicken is fully cooked, add a splash of water. • Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining cilantro.
• While chicken cooks, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds. • Divide tortillas between plates and fill with chicken mixture. Top with pineapple salsa and dollop with sour cream. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.