with Lemon Sauce, Bell Pepper, Zucchini & Peas
Craving a rich pasta dish but also a bounty of veggies? Thanks to this recipe, you don’t have to choose between the two. Here, you’ll find al dente penne pasta, green peas, and roasted bell pepper and zucchini, all tossed in a creamy, dreamy sauce that’s brightened with lemon juice and made aromatic with Italian herbs. Each plate is showered with grated Parmesan for an im-pasta-bly delicious dinner.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Tuscan Heat Spice
Cream Sauce Base
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Halve, core, and thinly slice bell pepper. Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; slice crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Toss bell pepper and zucchini on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until tender and lightly charred, 15-18 minutes.
• Once water is boiling, add penne to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve 1½ cups pasta cooking water (2 cups for 4 servings), then drain. (Keep empty pot handy for next step.)
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in pot used for pasta over medium heat. Add scallion whites and 1 tsp Tuscan Heat Spice (2 tsp for 4 servings); cook, stirring, 1 minute. (Be sure to measure the Tuscan Heat Spice; we sent more.) • Whisk in cream sauce base, stock concentrate, and ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking water (½ cup for 4). Cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium low and whisk in crème fraîche until smooth.
• Add drained penne, peas, half the Parmesan (save the rest for serving), half the lemon zest, 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings), and a big squeeze of lemon juice to pot with sauce. Cook, stirring, until butter has melted and penne is coated in a creamy sauce. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time. • Stir in roasted veggies. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add more lemon zest or lemon juice if you like. TIP: For an extra-rich experience, stir in another 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4).
• Divide pasta between plates or shallow bowls. Top with scallion greens and remaining Parmesan. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.