If you can’t seem to get enough of Korean-inspired flavors, bulgogi is sure to leave you satisfied. This dish centers around pork cooked in a sesame and soy sauce marinade with a little bit of peppery sweetness. But the meat is just one out of many highlights: There’s also crisp quick-pickled cucumbers, tender carrots, and spicy crema, all over fluffy rice—each bowl is jam-packed and has a little bit of something for everyone.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
White Wine Vinegar
Bulgogi Sauce(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
• Wash and dry produce. • In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • Meanwhile, trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• In a medium bowl, combine half the vinegar (you’ll use the rest later), ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. • Trim ends from cucumber. Using a peeler, shave cucumber lengthwise into ribbons, rotating as you go, until you get to the seedy core; discard core. Stir ribbons into bowl with vinegar mixture. • Set aside, tossing occasionally, until ready to serve.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots and cook, stirring, until just tender, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites; cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add pork* and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in half the sesame seeds (save the rest for serving) and remaining vinegar. Cook for 30 seconds, then stir in bulgogi sauce. • Bring to a simmer, then immediately turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper.
• While pork cooks, in a small bowl, combine sour cream with Sriracha to taste. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between bowls; top with pork, carrots, and pickled cucumber (draining first). Drizzle with Sriracha crema. Garnish with scallion greens and as many remaining sesame seeds as you like. Serve.