Pork & Caramelized Pineapple Tacos
with Pickled Veggies & Lime Crema
We’re obsessed with sweet and savory flavor combos for dinner, which is why we have a soft spot for tacos al pastor. The dish traditionally involves pork that’s marinated in pineapple juice and spices, then slowly spit-roasted for ultra-tender results. In this riff on the classic, we skip the hours of slow-cooking by swapping out the pork shoulder for ground pork. It’s browned with a bounty of Southwest spices, simmered with chunks of pineapple until saucy, and stuffed into warm tortillas with lime crema and pickled onion and radish. You can have all that in just 30 minutes—taco ’bout a dinner winner!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Southwest Spice Blend
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and thinly slice radishes. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Zest and quarter lime.
• In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine radishes, pineapple juice, ¼ of the onion, juice from half the lime, and a big pinch of salt; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave until veggies are slightly pink, 30-45 seconds. • In a separate small bowl, combine sour cream with lime zest. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pineapple and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until browned and caramelized, 3-4 minutes. • Turn off heat; remove from pan. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until softened, 4-6 minutes. • Add pork* and Southwest Spice. Cook, breaking up into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. TIP: No need to add salt or pepper here. • Stir in Tex-Mex paste, caramelized pineapple, and 2 TBSP water (4 TBSP for 4 servings) until everything is saucy and combined.
• While pork cooks, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds.
• Divide tortillas between plates; fill with pork mixture, lime crema, and as many pickled veggies (draining first) as you like. Pick cilantro leaves from stems; tear leaves and sprinkle over tacos. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.