Pork Chops with Creamy Lemon Pan Sauce
over Roasted Zucchini Farro
Looking for a way to add tons of extra flavor to your meal with almost NO effort? We’ve got two words for you: pan sauce. This one comes together in less than 5 minutes with aromatic garlic, rich sour cream, and tangy lemon juice. It’s drizzled all over seared pork chops, then served with nutty farro and citrusy roasted zucchini. If you find yourself licking the plate clean, we won’t judge.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince garlic. • Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add half the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Add ½ cup farro (be sure to measure; we sent more), 3 cups water, half the stock concentrates, and ½ tsp salt. (For 4 servings, use 1 cup farro, 5 cups water, and 1 tsp salt.) Bring to a boil and cook until farro is tender, 25-30 minutes. TIP: If you end up with any excess stock, simply pour it out. Alternatively, if stock evaporates before farro is done, add a splash of water.
• While farro cooks, trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Zest and quarter lemon (for 4 servings, zest one lemon and quarter both).
• Toss zucchini on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, half the Italian Seasoning (you’ll use the rest in the next step), salt, and pepper. Add half the lemon wedges, peel sides up. • Roast on top rack until zucchini is browned and tender and lemon is lightly browned, 14-16 minutes.
• Meanwhile, pat pork* dry with paper towels; season with remaining Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side. TIP: If pork begins to brown too quickly, lower heat. • Transfer to a cutting board.
• To same pan over medium-high heat, add remaining garlic, remaining stock concentrates, and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings). Cook until slightly reduced, 2-3 minutes. • Remove pan from heat; stir in sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
• Stir roasted zucchini, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and lemon zest to taste into pot with farro. Season generously with salt and pepper. • Slice pork crosswise. • Divide farro between plates; top with pork. Drizzle pan sauce over pork. Serve with roasted lemon wedges on the side.