Another work day, another dinner daydream. You know what we mean. You’re sitting at your desk and 2:00 p.m. rolls around. Suddenly, all you can think is, “Dinner...what the heck am I going to eat for dinner?!” Well, we’ve got you covered, and FYI, the answer to that question is pretty delicious. We’re serving up seared pork cutlets with rosemary-roasted carrots, parsnips, and onion wedges. To finish things off, the pork is drizzled with a tangy-sweet cranberry pan sauce sauce. Talk about a dream come true!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
White Wine Vinegar
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and peel carrots and parsnips. Cut carrots into ½-inch-thick rounds. Quarter parsnips lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces. Pick rosemary leaves from stems; finely chop leaves until you have 1½ tsp. • 4 SERVINGS: Chop rosemary leaves until you have 3 tsp. • TIP: Try to cut carrots and parsnips into equal-size pieces. This will help them cook evenly.
• Toss carrots and parsnips on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack for 10 minutes (you’ll add more to the sheet then). • 4 SERVINGS: Divide veggies between 2 baking sheets. Roast on top and middle racks.
• Meanwhile, halve and peel onion. Slice half the onion into ½-inch-thick wedges; finely dice remaining onion until you have ¼ cup. • Pat pork* dry with paper towels, then season all over with salt and pepper. • 4 SERVINGS: Finely dice remaining onion until you have ½ cup.
• Once veggies have roasted 10 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven. Add sliced onion to sheet and season with salt and pepper. Toss everything together with another drizzle of oil. • Return to oven until veggies are browned and tender, 15-20 minutes more. • 4 SERVINGS: Divide sliced onion between both baking sheets.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned and cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side. • Set pork aside. Remove pan from heat to cool slightly. • 4 SERVINGS: You may need to work in batches.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add diced onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until softened, 2-3 minutes. • Add jam, vinegar, stock concentrate, and ¼ cup water. Cook, stirring, until thickened and syrupy, 3-4 minutes more. • Remove pan from heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter. Season with pepper. Return pork to pan; turn to coat. • Divide pork and veggies between plates. Drizzle pork with any remaining sauce and serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1/3 cup water. Stir in 2 TBSP butter.