Roasted Garlic & Mushroom Flatbreads
with White Sauce, Mozzarella & Grape Tomatoes
Move over, marinara—there’s a new sauce in town. In this recipe, crispy flatbreads are slathered with a rich, creamy white sauce we just can’t get enough of. We top it off with melty mozzarella and roasted garlic, plus tender mushrooms and juicy marinated tomatoes. Sprinkle with chives and chili flakes if you like a little zip, then sit back and enjoy.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Sesame, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and slice mushrooms into ½-inch-thick pieces. Peel garlic and place in the center of a small piece of foil; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cinch into a packet. Halve tomatoes. Mince chives.
• Place garlic foil packet on a baking sheet. Roast on top rack for 15 minutes (you’ll add more to the sheet then). • While garlic roasts, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (2 tsp for 4 servings); cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and slightly crispy, 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Wipe out pan.
• Meanwhile, place tomatoes in a medium bowl; toss with 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (2 tsp for 4 servings), a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. (You’ll use the rest of the Italian Seasoning later.) Set aside to marinate.
• Transfer cooked mushrooms to bowl with tomatoes; toss to combine. • Leaving garlic foil packet on sheet, place flatbreads on same sheet. (For 4 servings, divide between 2 sheets; toast on top and middle racks, swapping rack positions halfway through toasting.) • Return to top rack until flatbreads are lightly toasted and garlic is softened, 5-7 minutes.
• While flatbreads toast, melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in pan used for mushrooms over medium-high heat. Add flour, garlic powder, and remaining Italian Seasoning. Cook, whisking constantly, until lightly browned, 30 seconds. • Reduce heat to medium low and whisk in cream cheese and ½ cup water (1 cup for 4) until melted and combined. Season generously with salt and pepper. Simmer until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
• Once roasted garlic is done, carefully transfer to a cutting board and roughly chop. • Heat broiler to high. • Evenly top flatbreads with sauce, roasted garlic, and veggies. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
• Broil flatbreads until cheese melts, 1-2 minutes. (For 4 servings, broil in batches.) TIP: Watch carefully to avoid burning. • Slice flatbreads into pieces; sprinkle with chives and chili flakes to taste. Divide between plates and serve.