Move over, marinara—there’s a new sauce in town. In this recipe, crispy flatbreads are slathered with a rich, creamy white sauce that we just can’t get enough of. We top it off with melty mozzarella and roasted garlic, plus tender zucchini and juicy marinated tomatoes. Sprinkle each slice with chives and chili flakes if you like a little zip, then sit back and enjoy. Pizza night just got a major upgrade.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese(ContainsMilk)
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; slice crosswise into ½-inch-thick halfmoons. Peel garlic and place in the center of a small piece of foil; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cinch into a packet. Halve tomatoes. Mince chives.
• Toss zucchini on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (2 tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. Place garlic foil packet on same sheet. • Roast on top rack until zucchini is browned and tender, 12-15 minutes. • Meanwhile, place tomatoes in a medium bowl; toss with a drizzle of olive oil, 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (2 tsp for 4), salt, and pepper. (You’ll use the rest of the Italian Seasoning later.) Set aside to marinate.
• Once zucchini is tender, transfer to bowl with tomatoes; toss to combine. • Leaving garlic foil packet on sheet, carefully wipe off any excess oil. Place flatbreads on same sheet. (Divide between 2 sheets for 4 servings.) • Return to top rack until flatbreads are lightly toasted and garlic is softened, 5-7 minutes. (For 4, toast on top and middle racks; swap rack positions halfway through toasting.)
• While flatbreads toast, melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add flour, garlic powder, and remaining Italian Seasoning. Whisk constantly until lightly browned, 30 seconds. • Reduce heat to medium low and whisk in Philadelphia cream cheese and ½ cup water (1 cup for 4) until melted and combined. Season generously with salt and pepper. Simmer until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
• Once garlic is done, carefully transfer to a cutting board and roughly chop. • Heat broiler to high. • Evenly top flatbreads with sauce, roasted garlic, and veggies. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
• Broil flatbreads until cheese melts, 1-2 minutes. (For 4 servings, broil in batches.) TIP: Watch carefully to avoid burning. • Slice flatbreads into pieces; sprinkle with chives and chili flakes to taste. Divide between plates and serve.