What’s a burrito’s favorite dance? Salsa! Dad jokes aside, you’re gonna love these super speedy, super easy ‘ritos. Salsa verde provides all the sauce you need for the quick-cooking black beans and rice. Tuck everything into tortillas with some cheese and slaw, and you’re sure to see a new spring in your step, twinkle toes!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Fajita Spice Blend
Flour Tortillas(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Monterey Jack Cheese(ContainsMilk)
• Wash and dry produce. • Zest and quarter lemon. Drain and rinse beans.
• In a small pot, combine rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to use.
• In a medium bowl, combine coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4 servings), a squeeze of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper; set aside.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add beans and Fajita Spice; cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Remove from heat. Add half the salsa (save the rest for serving); stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. TIP: If mixture seems too thick, stir in 1-2 TBSP water.
• Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels; microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds. • To pot with rice, stir in lemon zest, 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings), and a squeeze of lemon juice. Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Place tortillas on a clean work surface. Add half the rice in a line to the bottom third of each tortilla. Top rice with ¾ of the bean mixture and half the slaw (you’ll have some left over—serve on the side!); sprinkle with Monterey Jack. Fold up bottom sides of tortillas over filling, then fold over left and right sides toward the filling. Roll up, starting with filled sides, to form burritos. TIP: For less mess, place each tortilla on a large piece of aluminum foil before rolling and wrap up with foil. Simply unwrap as you eat!
• Halve burritos; divide between plates along with remaining rice, bean mixture, and slaw. Serve with remaining salsa and remaining lemon wedges on the side.