Salsa Verde Breakfast Tacos
with Eggs & Potatoes
Take your morning to the next level with quick and easy breakfast tacos, ready on the table in just 15 minutes. You’ll fill warm flour tortillas with a hearty, flavorful salsa verde egg and potato scramble, top with melty shredded cheese, and finish with chopped fresh tomato for a pop of freshness and color. Ready to start today right? (Psst, hot sauce-lovers: Now’s your time to shine!)
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Mexican Cheese Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Place in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Season with salt; toss to combine. Microwave until fork-tender, 6-8 minutes. Set aside.
• Dice tomato into ½-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
• In a second medium bowl, whisk together eggs*, cream cheese, and ¼ tsp salt (½ tsp for 4 servings) until well combined. (It’s OK if bits of cream cheese are still visible; they will melt when cooked!)
• Once potatoes are fork-tender, heat a large drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Carefully add potatoes; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Add 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) to pan, then stir until melted. Pour in egg mixture; cook, stirring, until eggs are scrambled and cooked to preference, 1-2 minutes.
• Pour green salsa over eggs and potatoes and stir to combine. Simmer until warmed through and salsa is slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
• Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels. Microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds.
• Divide tortillas between plates and fill with salsa verde eggs and potatoes; top with Mexican cheese blend and tomato. Serve.
Wash hands and surfaces after handling raw eggs. Consuming raw or undercooked eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.