Saucy Beef & Charred Poblano Tacos
with Mango Salsa & Smoky Red Pepper Crema
The week just isn’t complete without a taco night. If you agree (and how could you not?), you’re in luck! Our chefs put together a sweet and savory version that’s sure to satisfy. There’s saucy beef and charred poblano, plus a refreshing mango salsa and smoky red pepper crema, all piled into steamy-soft tortillas. Taco’bout a killer meal.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Beef Stock Concentrate
Smoky Red Pepper Crema
(Contains Milk, Soy)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry all produce. • Drain mango. Finely dice tomato. Halve and peel onion; thinly slice one half. Mince a few slices until you have 1 TBSP. (For 4 servings, thinly slice whole onion; mince a few slices until you have 2 TBSP.) Zest and quarter lime (for 4, zest 1 lime and quarter both). Halve, core, and thinly slice poblano into strips.
• In a small bowl, combine mango, tomato, minced onion, lime zest, and juice from half the lime. Season with salt.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add poblano, sliced onion, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, 5-7 minutes. (TIP: Add a splash of water if veggies begin to brown too quickly.) Season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Heat another drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add beef*, Blackening Spice, and a big pinch of salt. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces and stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in stock concentrate and 2 TBSP water (3 TBSP for 4 servings); bring to a simmer. • Return veggies to pan, stirring, until thoroughly combined. (TIP: Add a splash or two of water, if necessary, until mixture is saucy.) Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels. Microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds.
• Divide tortillas between plates and fill with beef and veggie filling. Top with mango salsa and smoky red pepper crema. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.