The week just isn’t complete without a taco night. If you agree (and how could you not?), you’re in luck! Our chefs put together a sweet and savory version that’s sure to satisfy. There’s saucy beef and charred poblano, plus a refreshing mango salsa and smoky red pepper crema, all piled into steamy-soft tortillas. Taco’bout a killer meal.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Beef Stock Concentrate
Smoky Red Pepper Crema(ContainsMilk, Soy)
Flour Tortillas(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
• Wash and dry all produce. • Drain mango. Finely dice tomato. Halve and peel onion; thinly slice one half. Mince a few slices until you have 1 TBSP. (For 4 servings, thinly slice whole onion; mince a few slices until you have 2 TBSP.) Zest and quarter lime (for 4, zest 1 lime and quarter both). Halve, core, and thinly slice poblano into strips.
• In a small bowl, combine mango, tomato, minced onion, lime zest, and juice from half the lime. Season with salt.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add poblano, sliced onion, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, 5-7 minutes. (TIP: Add a splash of water if veggies begin to brown too quickly.) Season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Heat another drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add beef*, Blackening Spice, and a big pinch of salt. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces and stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in stock concentrate and 2 TBSP water (3 TBSP for 4 servings); bring to a simmer. • Return veggies to pan, stirring, until thoroughly combined. (TIP: Add a splash or two of water, if necessary, until mixture is saucy.) Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels. Microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds.
• Divide tortillas between plates and fill with beef and veggie filling. Top with mango salsa and smoky red pepper crema. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.