Hankering for a plate of good ol’ steak and potatoes? We’ve got what you need and then some! Yep, our chefs have officially perfected the classic pairing. There’s creamy garlic mashed potatoes, roasted carrots tossed with honey, and perfectly seared steak (of course). And on top? Beef demi-glace, scallions, and sour cream mingle to create a rich and savory elixir you’ll want to drizzle over everything. And now you can!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• Toss carrots on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper. • Roast on top rack until tender and golden brown at edges, 20-25 minutes. • Drizzle with honey; carefully toss to coat.
• Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil; cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid; drain. • Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in empty pot over medium heat. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Return drained potatoes to pot; mash with 2 packets sour cream (4 packets for 4) until smooth and creamy, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. (You’ll use the rest of the sour cream later.) Season with salt and pepper. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While potatoes cook, pat steak* dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook to desired doneness, 3-6 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Wash out pan.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in pan used for steak over medium heat. Add scallion whites; cook until softened, 1-2 minutes. • Stir in demi-glace, 2 TBSP water (4 TBSP for 4), and any resting juices from steak; bring to a simmer, 1 minute. • Turn off heat; stir in remaining sour cream. Taste and season with pepper.
• Slice steak against the grain. • Divide steak, mashed potatoes, and carrots between plates. Spoon sauce over steak and potatoes. Sprinkle with scallion greens and serve.