Sirloin au Poivre & Garlic Herb Shrimp
with Garlic Bread & Lemony Green Beans
Surf & Turf: not just for fancy restaurants anymore! In fact, you can whip up this white-tablecloth-worthy dish from the comfort of your very own kitchen. Perfectly seared sirloin steak is drizzled with a rich pan sauce that’s flecked with freshly crushed black peppercorns. As if that weren’t enough, it’s piled with succulent shrimp tossed in garlic herb butter. Toasty garlic bread is the perfect accompaniment for swiping up any extra sauce (trust us, you won’t want to waste a drop), while lemony roasted green beans add a satisfying crunch. Yes, friend, you’re about to enjoy all of that!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Garlic Herb Butter
(Contains Tree Nuts)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Beef Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place garlic herb butter in a large bowl; bring to room temperature (you’ll use it in step 4). Wash and dry produce. • Trim green beans if necessary. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Place peppercorns in a zip-close bag; crush with a heavy-bottomed pan or a rolling pin. Halve baguette lengthwise. Zest and quarter lemon (for 4 servings, zest one lemon and quarter both).
• Place 1 TBSP plain butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small microwave- safe bowl; microwave until softened, 10 seconds. (TIP: Do so in 5-second intervals, checking in between to avoid melting.) Stir in garlic powder (start with ¼ tsp, then add more from there if desired), salt, and pepper. • Toss green beans on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 12-15 minutes. Cover to keep warm.
• While green beans roast, pat steak* dry with paper towels and season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook to desired doneness, 3-6 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board to rest. Wash out pan.
• Rinse shrimp* under cold water and pat dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for steak over medium heat. Add shrimp; cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque and cooked through, 3-4 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer shrimp to large bowl with garlic herb butter. Add scallion greens and toss until shrimp is thoroughly coated. Cover to keep warm. Wipe out pan.
• Melt 1 TBSP plain butter in same pan over medium heat. Add scallion whites and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, 1-2 minutes. • Add stock concentrates, ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings), and ½ tsp crushed peppercorns (1 tsp for 4). (Be sure to measure the crushed peppercorns.) Simmer until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Turn off heat. Stir in another 1 TBSP plain butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted. Season with salt and more crushed peppercorns if desired.
• Spread cut sides of baguette with garlic spread. Toast in oven (use a baking sheet or place directly on rack) until golden, 3-5 minutes. Halve on a diagonal. • Toss green beans with lemon zest and lemon juice to taste. • Slice steak against the grain. • Divide garlic bread, green beans, steak, and shrimp between plates. Spoon pan sauce over steak. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges and sauce on the side.