Sizzling Ginger Shrimp with Katsu Sauce
plus Scallion Rice & Roasted Green Beans
If you’re like us, you’ve seen a lot of stir-fries in your day. But thanks to our aromatic shrimp marinade, scallion rice, a sprinkle of nutty sesame seeds, and a katsu sauce dipper, this one is bound to top them all. It cooks super quickly and brings a tour de force of tangy, sweet, and savory flavors that even the pickiest of eaters will love. Sounds like a win-win to us.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and grate or mince ginger. Peel and mince garlic. Quarter lime.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and half the ginger; cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
• Add rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt to same pot. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, rinse shrimp* and pat dry with paper towels. Toss in a medium bowl with garlic, remaining ginger, and 1 TBSP katsu sauce (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to marinate for at least 5 minutes. • Transfer remaining katsu sauce to a small microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap.
• Meanwhile, toss green beans on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. • Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until browned and slightly crisp, 12-15 minutes.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add marinated shrimp and cook, stirring, until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, 3-4 minutes. • Microwave katsu sauce in bowl until warm, 1 minute. • Divide rice between plates; top with green beans and shrimp. Sprinkle with scallion greens and as many sesame seeds as you like. Serve with katsu sauce and lime wedges on the side.