Cauliflower rice is one of those ingredients that makes you feel healthy, while also being incredibly delicious. Our chefs took cauliflower rice for tonight’s Southwest-inspired meal and layered it with Tex-Mex-seasoned ground turkey. They tossed in sautéed poblano and onion for good measure (and even more veggies). With a drizzle of smoky red crema and a sprinkle of cilantro all over, this “rice” is extra nice.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Southwest Spice Blend
Smoky Red Pepper Crema(ContainsMilk, Soy)
• Wash and dry produce. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Halve, deseed, and thinly slice poblano into strips. Zest and quarter lime. Pick cilantro leaves from stems; roughly chop leaves.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and poblano; season with half the Southwest Spice, salt, and pepper. (You’ll use the remaining Southwest Spice later.) Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 7-9 minutes. TIP: If seasoning begins to burn before veggies are softened, add a splash of water. • Transfer to a medium bowl; cover to keep warm. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for veggies over medium-high heat. Add turkey*; using a spatula, press into an even layer. Cook, without stirring, until browned on bottom, 3-4 minutes (it’ll finish cooking in the next step).
• Once turkey is browned on bottom, break up meat into pieces. Stir in Tex- Mex paste, remaining Southwest Spice, and ¼ cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce has thickened and turkey is cooked through, 2-3 minutes more. • Remove from heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add cauliflower rice; season with ¼ tsp salt (½ tsp for 4 servings) and a pinch of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is slightly softened, 4-5 minutes. • Remove from heat. Stir in lime zest, half the cilantro, 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4), and a squeeze of lime juice.
• Divide cauliflower rice between bowls. Top with turkey and veggies. Drizzle with smoky red pepper crema. Garnish with remaining cilantro. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.