Soy Ginger Plant-Based Protein Bowls
Protein that tastes like meat (without the meat)
Craving all the tantalizing flavors and textures of a rice bowl—minus the meat? Look no further. This version stars ground plant-based protein, which we crisp up in a hot pan for caramelized edges, then simmer with ginger, garlic, and scallions and a bounty of sweet soy and chili sauce. It’s all piled over cilantro-lime rice with pickled cucumber and carrot ribbons and crunchy candied peanuts. Now, who really needs the meat when you’ve got all that?
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Ground Plant-Based Protein
(Contains Soy, Tree Nuts, Wheat)
Rice Wine Vinegar
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
Sweet Soy Glaze
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry all produce. • In a small pot, combine rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Meanwhile, trim and peel carrot; using a peeler, shave carrot lengthwise into ribbons, rotating as you go, until you get to the core. Discard core. Trim ends from cucumber; using a peeler, shave cucumber lengthwise into ribbons, rotating as you go, until you get to the seedy core. Discard core. Peel and mince or grate ginger. Peel and mince garlic. Trim and thinly slice scallions. Finely chop cilantro.
• In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine carrot ribbons, cucumber ribbons, half the vinegar, ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Microwave for 30 seconds. Set aside to pickle, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve. • In a small bowl, combine chili sauce, sweet soy glaze, remaining vinegar, and 2 TBSP water (¼ cup for 4).
• Heat a large, dry pan over medium-high heat. Add peanuts, 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4 servings), and 2 TBSP water. Cook, stirring often, until water has evaporated and peanuts are coated and lightly toasted, 3-5 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer peanuts to a second small bowl. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for peanuts over medium-high heat. Add half the plant-based protein* (all for 4 servings). Using a spatula, press into an even layer; cook, without stirring, until browned on bottom, 4-5 minutes. • Break up protein into pieces. Add ginger, garlic, and scallions; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Turn off heat, then stir in sauce. Stir until thoroughly combined, 30-60 seconds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in half the cilantro and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt to taste. • Divide rice between bowls. Add plantbased protein on one side and pickled carrot and cucumber ribbons on opposite side. Top with candied peanuts and remaining cilantro. Serve.