For this taco-inspired meal, our chefs thought outside the tortilla—errr, box—to create some seriously epic rice bowls. They pile saucy spiced chicken and sautéed peppers and onions over buttery rice, then drizzle over a tangy chili lime crema and top with Monterey Jack cheese and homemade pico de gallo. On the side, the tortilla component comes in chip form for ultimate crunch-factor. Prepare to be totally bowled over!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Long Green Pepper
Chicken Breast Strips
Southwest Spice Blend
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Monterey Jack Cheese(ContainsMilk)
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
• Wash and dry all produce. • Dice tomato. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; mince a few slices until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Zest and quarter lime. Mince jalapeño, removing ribs and seeds for less heat. Halve, core, and thinly slice green pepper into strips.
• In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, in a small bowl, combine tomato, minced onion, a squeeze of lime juice, and as much jalapeño as you like. Season with salt and pepper. • In a separate small bowl, combine sour cream, a squeeze of lime juice, and a pinch of chili powder (you’ll use the rest later). Season with salt and pepper. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and sliced onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 7-9 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. TIP: Lower heat and add a splash of water if veggies begin to brown too quickly. • Turn off heat; transfer to a medium bowl and cover to keep warm. Wipe out pan.
• While veggies cook, pat chicken* dry with paper towels. • Once veggies are done, heat another drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, Southwest Spice, and remaining chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in stock concentrate and a splash of water; cook until saucy, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and lime zest. Season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between bowls and top with chicken and veggies. Drizzle with crema. Top with Monterey Jack and pico de gallo. Serve with tortilla chips and remaining lime wedges on the side.