Spicy Balsamic-Glazed Grilling Cheese
over Rice with Tomato-Walnut Relish
Prepare for big cheesy grins at your dinner table tonight! You’ll season our grilling cheese with Tuscan Heat Spice, then sear it in a pan and watch as it crisps on the outside, while turning wonderfully melty on the inside. For even more dinnertime delight, you’ll top the cheese with a Sicilian-inspired relish, featuring walnuts, parsley, tomato, and raisins. It’s all served over fragrant jasmine rice and drizzled with balsamic glaze for a fab finish. Say (grilling) cheese!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Tuscan Heat Spice
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• In a small pot, combine rice, 1¼ cups water (2 cups for 4 servings), ½ tsp Tuscan Heat Spice (1 tsp for 4), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook, covered, until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince garlic. Halve, peel, and mince half the shallot (all for 4 servings). Finely dice tomato. Pick parsley leaves from stems; finely chop leaves. Roughly chop walnuts. Quarter lemon.
• In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine garlic and 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Microwave on high until fragrant, 45 seconds. • Add shallot, tomato, parsley, walnuts, raisins, and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Season relish with salt and pepper to taste.
• Slice grilling cheese lengthwise into 6 pieces (12 pieces for 4 servings). Brush all over with a drizzle of oil. Place remaining Tuscan Heat Spice on a plate; press cheese into spice, coating both sides. (It’s OK if not all the spice sticks.)
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add seasoned grilling cheese and cook until golden brown, 1-2 minutes per side.
• Fluff rice with a fork; taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired. • Divide rice between bowls. Top with grilling cheese and relish. Drizzle with as much balsamic glaze as you like. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.