Szechuan food is like the culinary equivalent of ziplining—its signature aromatic spices are exhilarating and may even give you an adrenaline rush. Our chefs channeled that sensation into a veggie noodle stir-fry that’s tossed in a Szechuan-style sauce. Mellowed with peanut butter and sweet soy glaze, the sauce is plentiful enough to coat springy ramen noodles and a bounty of veggies, including mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot. We promise the flavors will take you to new heights.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Broccoli, Cauliflower and Carrot Blend
Sweet Soy Glaze(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Szechuan Paste(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Rice Wine Vinegar
• Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and thinly slice mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Cut broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot blend into bite-size pieces if necessary. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• In a small bowl, whisk together sweet soy glaze, half the Szechuan paste, half the vinegar, half the peanut butter, 1½ tsp sugar, and ¼ cup water until smooth. (For 4 servings, use all the Szechuan paste, vinegar, and peanut butter, 3 tsp sugar, and 1⁄3 cup water.)
• Once water is boiling, add ¾ of the noodles to pot (we sent more; save the rest for another use). Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 1-2 minutes. Drain and thoroughly rinse under cold water for at least 30 seconds. Toss with a drizzle of oil. (This stops cooking and helps prevent sticky noodles!)
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 2-4 minutes. • Add broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot blend and 2 tsp water (4 tsp for 4 servings); cover immediately and let steam for 3 minutes. • Uncover and add a large drizzle of oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender and lightly browned, 3-5 minutes more. • Add scallion whites and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
• Reduce heat to medium. Add sauce to pan with veggies; cook, stirring, until thickened and slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes. • Add drained noodles and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Toss until noodles are warmed through and thoroughly combined, 1-2 minutes. (TIP: If needed, stir in water a splash at a time until noodles are coated in sauce.) Season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Divide stir-fry between bowls. Garnish with scallion greens and serve.