Spicy Szechuan Veggie Noodle Stir-Fry
Szechuan food is like the culinary equivalent of ziplining—its signature aromatic spices are exhilarating and may even give you an adrenaline rush. Our chefs channeled that sensation into a veggie noodle stir-fry that’s tossed in a Szechuan-style sauce. Mellowed with peanut butter and sweet soy glaze, the sauce is plentiful enough to coat springy ramen noodles and a bounty of veggies, including mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot. We promise the flavors will take you to new heights.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Carrot Blend
Sweet Soy Glaze
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Rice Wine Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and thinly slice mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Cut broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot blend into bite-size pieces if necessary. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• In a small bowl, whisk together sweet soy glaze, half the Szechuan paste, half the vinegar, half the peanut butter, 1½ tsp sugar, and ¼ cup water until smooth. (For 4 servings, use all the Szechuan paste, vinegar, and peanut butter, 3 tsp sugar, and 1⁄3 cup water.)
• Once water is boiling, add ¾ of the noodles to pot (we sent more; save the rest for another use). Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 1-2 minutes. Drain and thoroughly rinse under cold water for at least 30 seconds. Toss with a drizzle of oil. (This stops cooking and helps prevent sticky noodles!)
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 2-4 minutes. • Add broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot blend and 2 tsp water (4 tsp for 4 servings); cover immediately and let steam for 3 minutes. • Uncover and add a large drizzle of oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender and lightly browned, 3-5 minutes more. • Add scallion whites and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
• Reduce heat to medium. Add sauce to pan with veggies; cook, stirring, until thickened and slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes. • Add drained noodles and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Toss until noodles are warmed through and thoroughly combined, 1-2 minutes. (TIP: If needed, stir in water a splash at a time until noodles are coated in sauce.) Season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Divide stir-fry between bowls. Garnish with scallion greens and serve.