Spicy Tomato-Feta Shrimp Spaghetti
with Scallions & Chili Flakes
Give us 20 minutes and we’ll give you a comforting, satisfying seafood pasta dinner. How? Just like this: You’ll quick-sizzle shrimp with garlic and scallions while the spaghetti cooks. When the shrimp is done, you’re left with a flavorful garlic-scallion oil that forms the base of your sauce. Add tomatoes and chili flakes, simmer, then toss in the spaghetti along with a sprinkle of salty-creamy feta and a bit of butter to bring it all together. Finito!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and thinly slice garlic.
• Once water is boiling, add spaghetti to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water (1 cup for 4 servings), then drain.
• While pasta cooks, rinse shrimp* under cold water; pat dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over high heat. Once pan is hot, add shrimp, scallion whites, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are opaque and cooked through, 3-4 minutes. • Using a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a paper-towel-lined plate (be sure to leave some scallion whites and garlicky oil in the pan—you’ll need them for the next step!). Reserve pan.
• Reduce heat under pan with scallion whites and garlicky oil to low. Add crushed tomatoes, a pinch of salt and pepper, and as many chili flakes as you like; cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have darkened, 5-7 minutes.
• Add drained spaghetti to same pan along with shrimp, feta, ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking water, and 1 TBSP butter (½ cup pasta cooking water and 2 TBSP butter for 4 servings). Cook, stirring, until everything is coated in sauce and cheese is slightly melted, 1-2 minutes. TIP: For a thinner sauce, add a few more splashes of pasta cooking water.
• Divide pasta between bowls. Garnish with scallion greens and serve.
Shrimp are fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.