We love a good mash-up, like this lunch salad that brings together two of our favorites. Spinach salad, meet Caprese salad, we know you'll get along splendidly! Emerald, tender spinach is tossed with grape tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, buttery chickpeas, and crispy ciabatta croutons, in a creamy balsamic dressing. See, like chocolate and peanut butter, only different!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Ciabatta Bread(ContainsWheat, Soy)
• Wash and dry produce. Halve ciabatta and toast until golden. Halve tomatoes lengthwise. Dice mozzarella into ½-inch pieces. Drain and rinse chickpeas.
• In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, garlic powder, half the mayonnaise, half the mustard, 4 TBSP olive oil, ½ tsp sugar, and a pinch of salt and pepper until smooth. (For 4 servings, use all the mayonnaise, all the mustard, 8 TBSP olive oil, and 1 tsp sugar.)
• Dice toasted ciabatta into 1-inch pieces.
• In a large bowl, combine spinach, tomatoes, mozzarella, half the chickpeas (all for 4 servings), ciabatta croutons, and as much dressing as you like. (You’ll have extra dressing; save for another use.) Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Divide salad between bowls and serve.