Our ranch steak has such a deep, rich, and gloriously meaty flavor that it could be a stand-alone dish with little more than salt and pepper for seasoning. Still, we’re adding top-notch sides and a full-bodied sauce to this recipe so that it soars above and beyond. Crispy roasted potatoes and tender roasted carrots make it filling and hearty, while the mushroom pan sauce that’s spooned on top has savory complexity. Are you drooling yet? We’re pretty confident this steak dinner will more than meat your expectations.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Beef Stock Concentrate
Yukon Gold Potatoes
• Adjust rack to top position (top and bottom positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Trim and thinly slice mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Peel and mince or grate garlic. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• Toss potatoes on one side of a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil; season generously with salt and pepper. • Toss carrots on empty side with a drizzle of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. (For 4 servings, divide between 2 sheets; roast potatoes on top rack and carrots on bottom rack.) • Roast on top rack until golden brown and crispy, 20-25 minutes.
• While veggies roast, heat a drizzle of olive oil and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and slightly crisp, 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to a small bowl. Wipe out pan.
• Meanwhile, pat steak* dry with paper towels; season generously all over with salt and pepper. • Once mushrooms are done, heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook to desired doneness, 4-7 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board to rest. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in same pan over medium-high heat. • Add garlic and scallion whites; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in stock concentrate and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4). • Bring to a simmer, then stir in mushrooms and any resting juices from steak; cook until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. • Remove pan from heat. Stir in sour cream until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
• Slice steak against the grain. • Divide steak, potatoes, and carrots between plates. Spoon pan sauce over steak. Garnish with scallion greens and serve.