If you, like us, can’t get through the week without at least one taco night, you’re in luck. Here, our chefs put together a sweet and savory veggie-centric taco that’s sure to satisfy. There’s sweet potato and mushrooms glazed with tangy hoisin, tender bell pepper, crunchy pickled radishes and sesame seeds, and creamy sriracha sauce, all piled into steamy-soft tortillas. Taco’bout a killer meal.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Hoisin Sauce(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Crispy Fried Onions(ContainsWheat)
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Dice sweet potato into ½-inch pieces. Trim and quarter mushrooms. Core, deseed, and dice bell pepper into ½-inch pieces. Zest and quarter lime. Trim and very thinly slice 2 radishes (all for 4) into rounds.
• In a medium bowl, toss sweet potato and mushrooms with half the hoisin (you’ll use the rest later), a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out on one side of a baking sheet. (For 4 servings, spread sweet potatoes and mushrooms out across entire sheet.) • Toss bell pepper on empty side with a drizzle of oil; season with salt and pepper. (For 4, add bell peppers to a second sheet; roast sweet potatoes and mushrooms on top rack and bell peppers on middle rack.) • Roast on top rack for 15 minutes (the veggies will finish cooking in step 5).
• While veggies roast, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine juice from half the lime, ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4 servings), a splash of water, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir in sliced radishes. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. • Microwave for 30 seconds. • Remove plastic wrap; stir and set aside to pickle.
• In a second small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and as much sriracha as you like. TIP: Start with half the sriracha, then taste and add more from there if you like things spicy.
• Once veggies have roasted 15 minutes, remove sheet from oven. (For 4 servings, remove sheet with sweet potatoes and mushrooms; leave bell peppers in the oven.) • Using a spatula, toss sweet potato and mushrooms with a pinch of lime zest, remaining hoisin, and half the sesame seeds (save the rest for serving). • Return to top rack until veggies are tender and glaze is tacky, 5-8 minutes more.
• Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds. • Divide tortillas between plates; fill with roasted veggie mixture. Top with crispy fried onions, pickled radishes (draining first), and remaining sesame seeds. Drizzle with as much creamy sriracha sauce as you like. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.