Street Cart-Style Chicken Bowls
with Chicken Thighs, Yellow Rice, White Sauce & Pita Wedges
For all you dark meat lovers in the house: your day has dawned, and it couldn’t have happened to a nicer bowl: This deeply flavored, Middle Eastern street cart-inspired gem boasts buttery turmeric rice, juicy, seared chicken seasoned with our Shawarma Spice Blend, plus fresh tomatoes, toasted pita, and not one but two tantalizing sauces—our house hot sauce and a lemony garlic cream sauce to tame the heat.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Diced Chicken Thighs
Shawarma Spice Blend
(Contains Sesame, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• In a small pot, melt 1 TBSP butter over medium heat. Stir in ¼ tsp turmeric (½ tsp for 4 servings); cook stirring frequently, until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4), stock concentrate, a big pinch of salt, and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Meanwhile, bring 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) to room temperature. Wash and dry produce. • Quarter lemon. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Dice tomato into ½-inch pieces.
• In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and a squeeze of lemon. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
• Pat diced chicken thighs* dry with paper towels; season with Shawarma Spice Blend, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and scallion whites; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes.
• Toast pitas until softened and warmed through. • Spread with softened butter, then cut each pita into quarters.
• Once rice is done, fluff with a fork; stir in half the scallion greens. Season with salt and pepper to taste. • Divide rice between bowls. Top with chicken and tomato in separate sections; season tomato with a pinch of salt. Drizzle everything with as much white sauce and hot sauce as you like; garnish with remaining scallion greens. Serve with pita and remaining lemon wedges on the side. TIP: We like to scoop up some of the rice, chicken, tomato, and sauces with a pita wedge and eat it all in one bite!
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.