Forget takeout: The path to sweet-and-savory dinner bliss is only 30 minutes away! In this recipe, pork, pepper, and onion are coated in a sumptuous sweet chili sauce, and peanuts are transformed into the perfect crunchy topping. Everything comes together over a bed of fluffy rice. The results? A symphony of flavors and textures so delicious, you might just lick the plate.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Sweet Soy Glaze(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
• Wash and dry all produce. • Halve, core, and thinly slice bell pepper into strips. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Zest and quarter lime. Finely chop cilantro.
• In a small pot, combine rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, heat a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium high heat. Add peanuts, 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4 servings), and 2 TBSP water. Cook, stirring often, until water has evaporated and peanuts are coated and lightly toasted, 3-5 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer to a small bowl. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until tender and lightly browned, 6-9 minutes. • Transfer veggies to a plate.
• Add another drizzle of oil to same pan over medium-high heat. Add pork*; season with salt and pepper. Using a spatula, press into an even layer. Cook, without stirring, until browned on bottom, 3-4 minutes. • Break up meat into pieces and continue cooking until pork is cooked through, 2-4 minutes. • Stir in cooked veggies, then add sweet soy glaze, chili sauce, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Cook, stirring, until mixture is thoroughly coated, 1-2 minutes more.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and lime zest to taste. Season with salt. • Divide between bowls and top with pork mixture, peanuts, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges on the side.