Think you need meat to make a killer stir-fry? Think again. This veggie version is hearty, saucy, and big on flavor—plus, it’s ready in just 30 minutes. Bell pepper, onion, and broccoli are sautéed with ginger until tender, then simmered with sweet chili, soy glaze, and lime to saucy perfection. It’s all spooned over fragrant ginger-lime rice, then garnished with cilantro, fried onions, and homemade candied peanuts—everything we’re craving, and then some.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Sweet Soy Glaze(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
Crispy Fried Onions(ContainsWheat)
• Wash and dry all produce. • Peel and mince or grate ginger. Halve, core, and thinly slice bell pepper into strips. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces, if necessary. Zest and quarter lime. Mince cilantro. • 4 SERVINGS: Zest 1 lime and quarter both.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add half the ginger; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1½ cups water.
• While rice cooks, add peanuts, 1 tsp sugar, and 2 TBSP water to a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until water has evaporated and peanuts are coated and lightly toasted, 3-5 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer to a small bowl. Wash out pan. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 tsp sugar and 3 TBSP water.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until slightly tender, 3-4 minutes. • Add broccoli and a splash of water. Cover and steam until broccoli is bright green, 4-5 minutes. • Uncover and add remaining ginger. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute more.
• To pan with veggies, add sweet soy glaze, chili sauce, ¼ cup water, and lime juice to taste. • Cook, stirring, until sauce has thickened and veggies are coated, 2-3 minutes. Stir in half the cilantro. Turn off heat. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1/3 cup water.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter and lime zest to taste. Season with salt. Divide between bowls. • Top rice with stir-fry, peanuts, crispy fried onions, and remaining cilantro. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP butter.