Sweet & Spicy Rainbow Edamame Rice Bowls
with Cabbage, Carrots & Sesame Dressing
You can definitely make a sandwich in 10 minutes, but our chefs heard the call for lighter, more veggie-forward lunches, and present this bowl instead. Get ready to dig into buttery rice beside sweet soy-glazed edamame with just a touch of heat, plus cabbage, carrot, and cucumber salad in a savory sesame dressing. Sprinkle it all with fresh cilantro, and you’ve got an eat-the-rainbow lunch idea we can all feel really good about.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Sweet Soy Glaze
(Contains Sesame, Soy, Wheat)
Red Cabbage & Carrot Mix
(Contains Soy, Sesame, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce.
• Halve cucumber lengthwise; thinly slice into half-moons. Roughly chop cilantro.
• Place edamame in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until tender, 45 seconds. Drain any excess water if necessary. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to cool. Season with salt and pepper. Wipe out bowl.
• While edamame cooks, in a small bowl, combine sweet soy glaze and Sriracha to taste (use less if you prefer less heat).
• In bowl used for edamame, combine cabbage and carrot mix, cucumber, dressing, and half the cilantro.
• Meanwhile, massage rice in package to break up grains. Partially open package and insert 1 TBSP butter (use 1 TBSP butter per package for 4 servings). Microwave according to package instructions, 90 seconds. Fluff with a fork. TIP: To make it easier to fluff the rice, transfer to a bowl first.
• Divide rice between bowls; top with edamame and salad in separate sections. Drizzle soy-Sriracha mixture over everything; garnish with sesame seeds and remaining cilantro. Serve.