Falling into a stir-fry rut with the same veggie + sauce combo each week? We’ve got you covered. This version stars mushrooms, broccoli, and onion, which are sautéed with garlic, then tossed with cashews and a spicy, savory-sweet Szechuan sauce. Everything simmers together until the sauce is thick and the veggies are tender; then, it’s all spooned over ginger-scented rice and served with lime wedges for bright tang. Dinner winner? We think so.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Sweet Soy Glaze(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Szechuan Paste(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
• Wash and dry all produce. • Peel and mince or grate ginger. Quarter lime. Trim and quarter mushrooms. Halve, peel, and cut half the onion into a large dice (whole onion for 4 servings). Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces, if necessary. Peel and mince garlic.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add ginger; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, in a small bowl, whisk together half the cornstarch and ½ cup cold water (all the cornstarch and 1 cup water for 4 servings) until smooth. • Whisk in sweet soy glaze, 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4), Szechuan paste, and juice from half the lime.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, diced onion, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a plate. • Add broccoli, a splash of water, salt, and pepper to pan; cover and steam for 3 minutes. Uncover and add a large drizzle of oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, 3-5 minutes more. Transfer to plate with mushrooms and onion.
• Add another drizzle of oil to pan. Stir in garlic; cook for 30 seconds. • Pour in sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat. • Stir in veggies and cashews until coated. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between plates and top with stir-fry. Serve with lime wedges on the side.