Szechuan Broccoli & Mushroom Stir-Fry
with Cashews & Buttery Ginger Rice
Falling into a stir-fry rut with the same veggie + sauce combo each week? We’ve got you covered. This version stars mushrooms, broccoli, and onion, which are sautéed with garlic, then tossed with cashews and a spicy, savory-sweet Szechuan sauce. Everything simmers together until the sauce is thick and the veggies are tender; then, it’s all spooned over ginger-scented rice and served with lime wedges for bright tang. Dinner winner? We think so.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Sweet Soy Glaze
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry all produce. • Peel and mince or grate ginger. Quarter lime. Trim and quarter mushrooms. Halve, peel, and cut half the onion (whole onion for 4 servings) into a large dice. Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces if necessary. Peel and mince garlic.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add ginger; cook, stirring, 1 minute. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, in a small bowl, whisk together half the cornstarch and ¼ cup cold water (all the cornstarch and 1⁄3 cup cold water for 4 servings) until smooth. • Whisk in sweet soy glaze, half the Szechuan paste, juice from half the lime, and 1 tsp sugar (all the Szechuan paste, juice from whole lime, and 2 tsp sugar for 4).
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, diced onion, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a plate. • Add broccoli, a splash of water, salt, and pepper to pan; cover and steam for 3 minutes. • Uncover and add a large drizzle of oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, 3-5 minutes more. • Transfer to plate with mushrooms and onion.
• Add another drizzle of oil to pan. Add garlic; cook, stirring, 30 seconds. • Pour in sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat. • Stir in veggies, cashews, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until coated. Taste and season with salt and pepper. TIP: Stir in a splash more water if your sauce is too thick.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between plates and top with stir-fry. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.