Umami Ginger Pork Bowls
with Pickled Cucumber & Sriracha Crema
This hearty bowl highlights Asian-inspired umami flavors and centers around ground pork browned and simmered in a savory miso-based ginger sauce with nutty sesame seeds. There’s also crisp quick-pickled cucumbers, tender sautéed cabbage and carrots, and spicy crema, all served over fluffy rice. And believe it or not, it’s ready on the table in just 20 minutes (or approximately 7 K-pop songs).
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
White Wine Vinegar
Red Cabbage & Carrot Mix
Umami Ginger Sauce
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • Meanwhile, trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• In a medium bowl, combine half the vinegar (you’ll use the rest later), ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. • Trim ends from cucumber. Using a peeler, shave cucumber lengthwise into ribbons, rotating as you go, until you get to the seedy core; discard core. Stir cucumber ribbons into bowl with vinegar mixture. • Set aside, tossing occasionally, until ready to serve.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add cabbage and carrot mix; cook, stirring, until just tender, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. • Transfer to a plate.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites; cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add pork* and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in half the sesame seeds (save the rest for serving) and remaining vinegar. Cook for 30 seconds, then stir in umami ginger sauce. • Bring to a simmer, then immediately turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper.
• While pork cooks, in a small bowl, combine sour cream with Sriracha to taste. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between bowls; top with pork, cabbage and carrots, and pickled cucumber (draining first). Drizzle with Sriracha crema. Garnish with scallion greens and as many remaining sesame seeds as you like. Serve.
Ground pork is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 160°.