Vegan Curry-Spiced Chickpea Salad Wraps
with Golden Raisins & Spinach Almond Salad
Our chefs devised a tasty vegan riff on curry chicken salad that stars chickpeas—get ready to fall in love! You’ll mash hearty garbanzos with crisp, scallion greens, plumped golden raisins, vegan mayo, aromatic curry powder, and lemon juice to make a bright, luscious salad that you’ll roll up with lightly dressed spinach greens and tomato in a warm flour tortilla. Sprinkle the remaining spinach salad with nutty sliced almonds and serve on the side for a light, bright vegan dinner idea you can get on the table in just 15 minutes.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Roughly chop raisins. Trim and thinly slice scallion greens (save whites for another use). Quarter lemon. Dice tomato into ½-inch pieces. • Place raisins in a small microwave-safe bowl; add enough water to cover. Microwave 30 seconds, then drain.
• Drain and rinse chickpeas; pat dry with paper towels. • Place chickpeas in a medium bowl and mash with the back of a fork until about half the chickpeas are smooth (leave some larger pieces for texture-packed bites!). • Stir in scallion greens, drained raisins, mayonnaise, 2 tsp curry powder (4 tsp for 4 servings), and juice from one lemon wedge (juice from two wedges for 4). (Be sure to measure the curry powder—we sent more!) Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• In a large bowl, whisk together mustard, 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4 servings), juice from two lemon wedges (juice from four wedges for 4), salt, and pepper until well combined. Slowly whisk in 2 TBSP olive oil (4 TBSP for 4) until smooth and creamy. • Add spinach and tomato to bowl and toss to coat; taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. TIP: Use tongs to toss salad more easily!
• Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels; microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds.
• Arrange tortillas on a clean work surface; place chickpea salad and a handful of spinach salad on bottom half of each tortilla. • Fold bottom side of each tortilla up over filling, then fold over left and right sides toward the filling. Roll up tortillas, starting with filled sides, to form wraps.
• Halve wraps on a diagonal. Divide wraps and remaining spinach salad between plates. Top spinach salad with almonds. Serve.