Vegan Saucy Mushroom & Cabbage Bibimbap
with Spicy Pickled Cucumber & Sesame Seeds
The only thing more fun than saying “bibimbap”? Eating it! Our vegan riff on this iconic Korean rice dish is positively bursting with flavorful veggies. Savory-sweet bulgogi-hoisin mushrooms are the meaty element, along with savory sautéed cabbage. Spicy pickled cucumbers add a bright, tangy crunch. They’re all arranged over a bed of steamy, fragrant rice, just waiting to be mixed up and savored with a generous sprinkle of nutty sesame seeds.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Red Cabbage & Carrot Mix
(Contains Soy, Sesame, Wheat)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Rice Wine Vinegar
Korean Chili Flakes
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Trim and cut scallions into ½-inch pieces. Trim and thinly slice mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). • Halve cucumber lengthwise; thinly slice into half-moons. Transfer cucumber to a medium bowl and cover with salt; toss to coat. Let sit 3-5 minutes, then rinse and drain. Return drained cucumber to bowl.
• Meanwhile, in a small pot, combine rice, 1¼ cups water, and ½ tsp salt (for 4 servings, use a medium pot, 2¼ cups water, and 1 tsp salt). Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add scallions; cook, stirring, until lightly charred, 3-5 minutes. • Add cabbage and carrot mix and half the garlic powder (you’ll use the rest later); cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly softened and lightly browned, 1-2 minutes more. • Stir in half the sesame seeds (save the rest for serving). Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary. Turn off heat; transfer to a second medium bowl. Wipe out pan.
• Heat another drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and slightly crispy, 5-7 minutes. • Reduce heat to low and stir in bulgogi sauce and hoisin. Simmer, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are coated and sauce has thickened, 1 minute.
• While mushrooms cook, add gochujang, vinegar, remaining garlic powder, 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4 servings), and as many chili flakes as you like to bowl with drained cucumber. Toss to coat.
• Fluff rice with a fork. • Divide rice between bowls; top with cabbage stir-fry, saucy mushrooms, and cucumber pickles (draining first) in separate sections. Garnish with remaining sesame seeds and serve.