Zesty Mexican-Spiced Steak Bowls
with Garlic Rice, Marinated Tomato & Guacamole
If you take all the best ingredients from a burrito, lose the tortilla, and serve them in a bowl, that’s what we’re serving up! You’ll sear marinated steak seasoned with our bold Mexican spice blend to juicy perfection, then nestle it on top of zesty garlic rice, and serve with tangy marinated tomato and a big dollop of guacamole. Add a squeeze of lime juice just before digging in, and in 25 quick minutes you’re ready for this delicious at-home spin on a burrito bowl.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Mexican Spice Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Trim and quarter tomato; slice into ½-inch-thick quarter-moons. Zest and quarter lime.
• Heat 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small pot over medium heat. Add scallion whites, garlic, and half the Mexican Spice Blend (you'll use the rest later); cook, stirring, until scallion whites are softened and garlic is fragrant, 2-3 minutes. • Add rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4) and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to use in Step 5.
• While rice cooks, pat steak* dry with paper towels; season with remaining Mexican Spice Blend, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook to desired doneness, 3-6 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board to rest.
• While steak cooks, in a small bowl, combine tomato, scallion greens, a drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of lime juice (big squeeze for 4 servings), salt, and pepper; set aside.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in lime zest and a squeeze of lime juice (big squeeze for 4 servings). Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Thinly slice steak against the grain. • Divide rice between shallow bowls. Top with steak and marinated tomato in separate sections. Garnish with a dollop of guacamole and serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.
Steak is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.