Zucchini & Tomato Flatbreads
with Lemon Ricotta, Basil, Honey & Chili Flakes
If this recipe could talk, it would say “I’m so fancy!” Seriously: You’ve got lemony ricotta cheese that’s fluffy as a cloud, plus bites of tomato and zucchini bursting with juices, which are all piled onto warm and toasty flatbreads. Oh, and we have to talk about the bling on top: a basil leaf, chili flake, and honey garnish that makes each bite light up with aromatic, spicy, and sweet contrasts. You’ve just hit dinnertime gold.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Not included in your delivery
• Place a lightly oiled baking sheet on top rack (for 4 servings, 2 baking sheets, on top and middle racks) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; thinly slice crosswise into half-moons. Halve tomatoes. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Zest and quarter lemon (for 4, zest 1 lemon; quarter both).
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and softened, 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
• While zucchini cooks, in a small bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
• In a second small bowl, combine ricotta, half the lemon zest, ½ tsp olive oil (1 tsp for 4 servings), and lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
• Carefully place flatbreads on prepared sheet (divide between both prepared sheets for 4 servings). Evenly spread flatbreads with lemon ricotta. Top with zucchini and tomatoes, cut sides up. • Bake on top rack (top and middle racks for 4) until flatbreads are golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
• Meanwhile, pick basil leaves from stems; roughly tear leaves. • Once flatbreads are done, remove from oven and top with torn basil, remaining lemon zest, and chili flakes to taste. Drizzle with honey, then slice into pieces. • Divide between plates and serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.