Brown Sugar Bourbon Chicken
with Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Broccoli
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Chicken cutlets are satisfying, speedy, and oh-so versatile, which is why our chefs are always thinking up new ways to take them to the next level. This week, they amped up the flavors… big time! Sweet and savory is the name of the game here. Coated in brown sugar bourbon spice, these cutlets are seared and topped with a buttery apple pan sauce. Zesty broccoli and garlic mashed potatoes pair perfectly with the main event. Prepare yourself for a flavor explosion.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Peel garlic. Cut broccoli into bite-size pieces if necessary. Halve, core, and dice apple into ¼-inch pieces. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Place potatoes and whole garlic in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 10-12 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes and garlic to pot. • Keep covered off heat until ready to mash.
• Toss broccoli on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 15-20 minutes.
• While broccoli roasts, pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Season lightly with salt and pepper, then rub all over with Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Heat 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add apple and scallion whites; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in stock concentrate, ½ cup water, and ½ tsp sugar. (For 4, use ¾ cup water and 1 tsp sugar.) Cook until apple is tender and sauce has thickened, 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • In the last 2 minutes, add chicken to pan; turn a few times to coat.
• While sauce cooks, mash drained potatoes and garlic with sour cream and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until smooth and creamy, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. Season with salt and pepper. TIP: If necessary, rewarm over low heat.
• Carefully toss roasted broccoli with lemon zest. • Divide chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, and zesty broccoli between plates. Spoon remaining sauce from pan over chicken and garnish with scallion greens. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165º.