Is there anything better than tender, buttery fish with a flavorful crust? Why, yes! How about Steelhead trout fillets coated in a blend of brown sugar, paprika, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice? The topping caramelizes in the oven as the fish cooks to tender perfection before getting topped with rich, lemony crème fraîche. On the side, there’s chive mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus for a plate of weeknight luxury that’s ready in just 30 minutes.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Quarter lemon. Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Trim and discard bottom 1 inch from asparagus. Mince chives. • In a small bowl, combine half the crème fraîche (you’ll use the rest later), salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste.
• Place potatoes in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes to pot. Keep covered off heat until ready to mash.
• While potatoes cook, in a second small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, mustard, 1 tsp olive oil (2 tsp for 4 servings), juice from 1 lemon wedge (2 wedges for 4), and a big pinch of salt and pepper. • Pat trout* dry with paper towels; place skin sides down on one side of an oiled baking sheet (for 4, spread out across entire sheet). TIP: For easy cleanup, line sheet with foil first. • Evenly spread tops of trout with brown sugar Dijon glaze.
• Toss asparagus on empty side of same sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, add asparagus to a second sheet; roast on middle rack.) • Roast on top rack until trout is cooked through and asparagus is browned and tender, 10-12 minutes.
• Mash potatoes with 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) and remaining crème fraîche until smooth, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. Season generously with salt. Stir in half the chives.
• Divide potatoes, trout, and asparagus between plates. Sprinkle with remaining chives. Top fish and asparagus with lemon crème fraîche. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.