Cajun Blackened Tilapia
with Red Beans & Lemon Rice
Cue the brass band, because your taste buds are about to take a trip to the Big Easy! We’re talking blackened tilapia and saucy, smoky red beans piled atop fluffy, lemon-scented rice. It’s all finished with a drizzle of spicy crema and some extra hot sauce, if you’re really looking to have a wild night. Now if we could only perfect our Hurricane cocktail...
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Regal Springs Tilapia
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry all produce. • Core, deseed, and finely dice bell pepper. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and mince garlic. Zest and quarter lemon (for 4 servings, zest 1 lemon and quarter both). Drain and rinse beans.
• In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Meanwhile, heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and scallion whites; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 4-5 minutes. • Stir in garlic; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
• Stir beans, stock concentrate, paprika, ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt and pepper into pot with veggies. Bring mixture to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Cook until thickened, 7-8 minutes. • Turn off heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter and season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
• Meanwhile, pat tilapia* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. Rub both sides of each fillet with Blackening Spice. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium- high heat. Add tilapia and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side.
• In a small bowl, combine sour cream with hot sauce to taste. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper. • Fluff rice with a fork; stir in lemon zest and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice, beans, and tilapia between plates. Top with crema and scallion greens. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.