Chermoula-Topped Tunisian Salmon
with Honey-Glazed Carrots & Shallot Basmati Rice
If you love herby sauces and dressings, you’ve GOT to try chermoula. This North African condiment adds bright, tangy, aromatic flavor to seafood dishes, like this Tunisian-spiced salmon—plus, it looks gorgeous on the plate. We serve it all with roasted carrots and shallot-infused rice that’s perfect for soaking up all that sauce, because you sure won’t want to waste a drop.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Skin-On Salmon Fillets
Tunisian Spice Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into 1-inch-thick pieces. Halve, peel, and mince shallot. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Finely chop cilantro. Zest and quarter lemon. • 4 SERVINGS: Quarter both lemons.
• Toss carrots with a large drizzle of olive oil on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast on top rack for 20 minutes (you’ll add the salmon then). • TIP: For easy cleanup, line your sheet with foil first.
• Meanwhile, melt 1 TBSP butter in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add shallot and half the garlic; cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add rice, stock concentrate, ¾ cup water, and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP butter and 1½ cups water.
• While rice cooks, in a small bowl, combine cilantro, half the paprika (you’ll use the rest in the next step), and 2 TBSP olive oil. Stir in as much lemon juice and remaining garlic as you like; season with salt and pepper. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 3 TBSP olive oil.
• Pat salmon* dry with paper towels. Season all over with half the Tunisian Spice, remaining paprika, salt, and pepper. Rub all over with a large drizzle of olive oil until spices reach a paste-like consistency. • Once carrots have roasted 20 minutes, remove from oven and push to one side of sheet. Carefully add salmon skin sides down to empty side. Roast on top rack until salmon is cooked to desired doneness and carrots are tender, 8-10 minutes more. • 4 SERVINGS: Use all the Tunisian Spice. Leave carrots roasting and place salmon on a second sheet; roast on middle rack.
• Fluff rice with a fork and stir in lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. • Toss carrots with honey. • Divide rice, carrots, and salmon between plates. Top salmon with chermoula. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.