Cherry Balsamic Chicken
with Almond Couscous & Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Over here, we believe chicken is a canvas, and we like to paint it with allllll the flavors. Tonight’s palette: A saucy coating that includes glossy cherry jam and balsamic pan sauce—because why choose one of these ingredients when you could have both? Add to that a side of almond-studded couscous and roasted Brussels sprouts, and you have yourself a dinner to Remem-brandt (see what we did there?).
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince garlic. Trim and halve Brussels sprouts lengthwise. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add almonds; cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. • Add garlic, couscous, and a pinch of salt; cook for 30 seconds. • Stir in ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings) and cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, until couscous is tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain any excess water from pot if necessary. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Toss Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until golden brown and tender, 15-20 minutes.
• While Brussels sprouts roast, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season generously all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board to rest.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and cook for 1 minute. • Pour in vinegar, stock concentrate, jam, and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings); whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes. • Turn off heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
• Stir 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) into pot with couscous; season with salt and pepper. • Thinly slice chicken crosswise. • Divide couscous, chicken, and Brussels sprouts between plates. Top chicken with sauce. Garnish with scallion greens and serve.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165º.